Thursday, September 03, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday!!!!!





Rhondi over on Rose Colored Glasses...http://rhondisrosecoloredglasses.blogspot.com/ does a thankful Thursday and I love the idea of it. Even in the worst of times we always have something to be thankful for. It always goes without saying, I am the most thankful to God for my family.

We recently went on a trip to Washington DC to visit all of the War Memorials. The trip had significant meaning to me and my family, I am a nurse with the Veterans Administration, and we went with a bus group of Vietnam Veterans. All of the monuments were amazing and each one brought tears to my eyes thinking about all of the sacrifice that they each represented.
So today I am especially thankful to all of our service personnel, past, present and future...God Bless each one of you and your families!


3 comments:

Rhondi said...

Hi Beverly
That is a good thing to be thankful for. I was praying for the troops every day and I got out of the habit. Thanks for reminding me. ((hugs)) Rhondi

Cindy said...

Yes, I am very thankful for our troops and the American troops, also. Those are very brave and giving indivuals who protect us and so many others around the world. My nephew is a Chaplain and spent three years in Iraq, I prayed for him every day, and others in his unit. I am ashamed to say that when he came back state side I quit praying for any of them. I need to be!
We do have so much to be thankful for!
Hugs, Cindy S.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a lovely thing to be thankful for. I am thankful for nurses like you!
Hugs,
Penny