Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Folk Artist

What do you do when you decide to be a poor country folk artist?
With little money (if any) you must be creative. Use your resources.
This artist did just that.


What do you find in the mountains of Idaho ?.........PINE TREES.

You're thinking something made out of wood......Right?

Not even close. Check out these pictures.

These bears are made from Pine Needles!!!! Yes pine needles!
A couple of hundred thousand of them in one large bear.

The pine needles were gathered off the ground, sorted, washed, trimmed and hand woven.

Over 8 months in making the life size bear!
 
The carvings are antlers. Amazing.
 















8 comments:

Amy said...

Wow!!! Now that I have never seen before. What patience. Beautiful!!

Amy said...

Wow. Now I have never seen that before. Wonderful!!!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Oh my gosh!! That bear is amazing...the detail!

Visiting from SITS!

Apron of the Month Club said...

Oh my gosh Bev, that is amazing. The detail work is mind blowing. The bear is amazing artisan work. The artist is truly blessed with a God talent.

Suzy said...

How long did it take to make that bear???
Amazing!

Infarrantly Creative said...

OMG that is insane! I can't even fathom the vision he must have had.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Beverly - Thanks for visiting me from SITS. I'm a new follower of your blog.

Wow, pine needles? 8 months? I can't believe that such beautiful things can be made like that. Incredibly talented. Amazing stuff!

Leslie said...

WOW! Those are so cool. I love the bear!