Saturday, August 07, 2010

Boy Scout Day Camp

This summer was our very first Boy Scout Day Camp! Stephen and his Mommy had a blast! Although Camp Mountaineer is WAY down in a valley and the parking is WAY up on the hill....just to put it into perspective...the walk up has a tortuous short cut aptly named "cardiac hill". I only dared take it on the last day. I can tell you this...it is appropriately named! When I got to the top I thought I was going to die felt great though...


The boys had a blast....there was swimming
 
Fishing
Sand boxes
and where there are boys and water, there is mud
                                                              
Dart game, Dunk tanks, resting...

Mining for gold
Water activities....




Making friends...Games...
of course there was a fire...
The boys also learned how to shoot a sling shot, bow, and BB Gun (all of which my son thinks he now needs)...they learned a few camping songs, went shopping in the store, tye dyed shirts, stamped bandanas, made tie snakes...whew what a jam packed week it was!



and flag lowering at the end of camp.
So now my son and his pack are no longer Tiger Cubs, they are now Wolfs!
So here is the whole crew of Wolfs:

1 comment:

Cindy said...

My word, it was a busy week, wasn't it! Looks like your boy had a great time! Congratulations to him for being a Wolf! Hugs, Cindy S